Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Charcoal
Just like the other inventions of technology, Alexa speakers, too, keep getting upgrades. Echo Dot 3rd Gen has evolved into a compact and lightweight smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces and has also improved its speaker quality as compared to the previous Echo Dot Gen 2. Digital invasion of privacy is quite common today, so Alexa is designed to protect your privacy with its multiple layers of privacy protection and controls. So if you smell something fishy, you can easily disconnect the microphone. It comes with a built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile support for audio streaming from your smartphone to Echo Dot, and is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices. So sit back, relax and ask Alexa to steer the wheel of your home, of course, as instructed by you because, after all, you are the real boss.
- Size-3.9” x 3.9” x 1.7” (99 mm x 99 mm x 43 mm)
- Weight-10.6 oz. (300 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process
- Wi-Fi connectivity-Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth connectivity-Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
- Audio-Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included).
- System requirements-Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser. A list of supported operating systems can be found here. Certain skills and services may require subscription or other fees.
- Setup technology-Amazon Wi-Fi simple setup enables customers to connect smart devices to their Wi-Fi network in a few easy steps. Wi-Fi simple setup is another way Alexa is always getting smarter. Learn more
- Warranty and service-90-day limited warranty and service. Optional 1-year, 2-year, and 3-year extended warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately. Use of Echo Dot is subject to the terms found here.
- Accessibility features-The Alexa app and Alexa-enabled products include several features for customers with accessibility needs related to vision, hearing, mobility, and speech. Learn more about Alexa accessibility.
- Included in the box-Echo Dot, power adapter (15W), and Quick Start Guide.
- Generation-Echo Dot 3rd Generation - 2018 release
- Privacy features-Wake word technology, streaming indicators, microphone off button, the ability to view and delete your voice recordings, and more. Visit the Alexa Privacy Hub to explore how Alexa and Echo devices are designed to protect your privacy.
- Language-Alexa speaks English and Spanish